Wednesday, April 22, 2009

How to save my 5800 XM battery life....

It's been a while since my last post..caught up with work...so here goes...

A lot of cellphone enthusiast actually try to find a phone that can last them for days before they run out of battery rather then only can last for a day. Since I bought my 5800 XM, 2 of my colleague bought the same phone just few weeks ago. One of my colleague complaining that the battery only last for a day. Well, here are some tips I discover and want to share with all of 5800 users. We can't expect to much on this phone as it has TFT screen with 16M colors with 3.2" wide screen. More than we can bargain for right?

I know you will find a lot of forums on this topics, but I would like to jot down using my experience on saving my battery..

1. Fully charge you battery everyday..:)
Easiest thing, if you are afraid of running out of battery, always make sure that your 5800 battery is fully charge all the time. If you are on the go, just bring extra battery or using those "wireless" charger available in Malaysia. But don't worry about draining your battery out till it's last drop before charging it, as lithium battery can handle to be charge anytime.

2. Don't switch off your phone.
When you switch off and boot up your phone, it drain your battery faster. I had experience this before where I switch off my phone as the place I go do not have any telco coverage, hoping to save battery. It the end, I end up using my phone less than 2 days. Everytime you off and boot up your phone, it used the most power from your battery. So nowadays, I just put on offline mode if no telco coverage. When offline mode, your battery can last longer.

3. Used GSM instead of Dual Mode.
I had tried this option this week and after 2 days, my battery still showing 5 bar. I had used calling aggresively ( 30+30 minutes talking with my gf), heavy sms, phone torch, playing games, etc..To change the options, select Settings> Connectivity>Network>Network Mode>GSM..


4. Wifi/Bluetooth to be switch off
Make sure your bluetooth and wifi connection are closed. For wifi connection, make sure your "Shows WLAN availability" is set to Never so it will never scan and wireless available and drain your battery out.



5. Setting your display light at the minimum
It will be a bit inconvenient to see when you are in direct sunlight, but at least it will save and prolong your battery life..:)
To set go to Settings>Phone> Display>Light Sensor>Minimum. And also set you Light time-out as minimum as possible. I set it to 15 seconds.



6. Will update more later..since I so sleepy...:D

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I have now N70 nokia but i want to change it which will be my next Mobile Nokia5800 or NokiaE72 please guide me... :)

    Mobile Phone Batteries

    ReplyDelete
  2. E72 and 5800 is totally different phone..one is touch screen phone,and the other like Blackberry type..Depends on your needs..I would go for Nokia 5800 or why not try android phone instead.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

ShareThis